Friday 15th May
Dear Parents and Carers,
Information about the suggested wider opening of Primary Schools in early June.
Following the release of several guidance documents over the past week, we are beginning to develop our response to the Government's request that some pupils begin to return to school from early June.
Please note the following:
- Priority places will first be given to keyworker/vulnerable pupils and those with an EHCP.
- Following this allocation, and adhering to Government Guidelines; Nursery and Reception are prioritised as we are an Infant school and Year 6 are prioritised in the Junior School.
- Although your child may fall within these priority groups, there is no guarantee that we can offer a place, as this depends on the numbers of pupils and staff available. Please await confirmation.
- Children will be grouped into small groups (or bubbles) of no more than 15 pupils, dependent on the size of the room they are allocated, and staff availability. These ‘bubbles’ could be mixed age, in any classroom and taught by any teacher or support staff.
- We will decide how to group the children, and we regret that these groupings cannot be changed by parental request. These will not necessarily be related to friendship groups.
- Classrooms will have a different layout to normal and children will be expected to sit in a specific place. They will have their own equipment and will not be able to bring in their own belongings from home.
- Pupils from any group will not be able to mix with children from any other group (or bubble) during the school day, including during breaks and at lunchtime.
- There will be a number of measures in place to try to keep your child as safe as possible. However, we would like you to understand that schools can only minimise, and not completely eradicate the risk presented by Covid-19. We will strictly enforce social distancing guidelines as far as possible, but please note that we cannot guarantee that children will be kept 2 metres apart from each other at all times.
- We will be following Government guidelines which state that PPE is not necessary: pupils will not be allowed to wear a mask whilst in school.
- There will be significant changes to all routines and expectations and a revised home-school agreement will be required before a place can be taken up.
- We, unfortunately, cannot provide wraparound care (before and after school club) before or after the school day for any pupil.
- Teaching of the curriculum will be narrowed and will be significantly different to a normal school curriculum.
- We will be following contact tracing guidelines & working with the Government on this, as this becomes available.
- Children who display any of the revised symptoms for coronavirus along with all pupils in their 'bubble' will be sent home immediately, and are expected to self-isolate for 7 days, and the household for 14 days.
- Children are encouraged to attend, but parents will not be fined for non-attendance at this time.
Please give us time to work through all of the logistics around re-opening, to enable us to safely welcome more pupils back into our schools. A survey is available below, and will also be forwarded to you via text. Please complete this by the date given. Someone from school will contact you before 28th May either by phone or text if we can offer your child a place, and to give you further information.
Please also see national Government guidance HERE
Please keep checking the website for any further updates.
We understand what an unsettling time it is for everyone with so many worries and the added pressure many families face managing their own return to work situations and balancing their childcare commitments.
Thank you for your continued support.